CEO.ca Technologies Ltd. and our affiliates and subsidiaries ("CEO", “we”, "our" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
• How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers, members, and website and application users ("you”).
• The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, https://ceo.ca ("Website") or download, access, or use our CEO.ca mobile application ("App"), (collectively our "Services").
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. By accessing or using our Services, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Services after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Member Information, such as your name, telephone number, email address, business contact information, job title, and other information you input when you use our Services.
• Information You Provide to Us, such as information submitted via newsfeeds, channels, chat, inquiries, communications with us, or other personal information you have shared on our Services.
• Transactional and Financial information, such as billing information, financial transactional information, and other information used for the purposes of processing payments, authentication, or placing an order through our Services.
• Technical information, such as your internet protocol ("IP") address, server logs, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details (such as time and duration of visit, websites visited, products viewed or search for, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from pages, etc).
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by email, telephone, through the use of our Services, and via other electronic messages or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services.
• User contributions. You may also provide information that is published or displayed on public, non-public, or other areas of the Website or App, such as feeds, channels, chats, private messages or transmitted to other Website or App users, members, or third parties. This includes the contents of your posts on our Services.
• Automated technologies or interactions as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include technical information, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Services and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection.
• For identity verification and authentication purposes.
• To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To improve our Services, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Services.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
• To comply with legal requirements or obligations.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• To our affiliates.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests, in accordance with applicable law.
• In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CEO's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CEO about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CEO our customers, or others.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Services or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not collect, use, or disclosure your User Contributions.
PLUG INS, LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide to contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are contractually obligated to provide a comparable level of privacy protection while the information is processed or handled by them.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to other countries with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website and/or App like message boards, which any Website or App visitor can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review, verify, and change your personal information by logging into the Website or App and visiting your account profile page. If you would like access to your personal information, you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may also request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or that we have destroyed, erased, or de-identified in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
You may opt-out of receiving newsletters, alerts, bulletins, or other similar communications from us. If you wish to opt-out of these items, please use the unsubscribe mechanism contained in our communications or contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and with reasonable notice. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
We may share (provide, and receive) aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include demographic data such as the gender and/or geographic location of groups of Members, customers, and Website and/or App users, but it will not include personal information (such as your name or email address). We may use aggregate demographic information about you in order to improve the Services, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
CEO.ca Technologies Ltd.
69 Yonge Street, Suite 1010
This policy was last modified in January 2023.